Friday, April 11, 2008

Loose Change


Early in the morning, I have been to Sainsbury's to get some milk. When I got home, I just empty my pocket and put the loose change into the drawer. My drawer is full of coins, so I thought I might just clear them out or just give them to charity.

Upon counting, there are altogether over £60 in loose change!!

I remember I read about an article saying Britons have £1bn lying idle in UK's 24.7 million households. In the study, men lost most money at home, nearly three quarter of total. While Londoners were the biggest losers in the country, which were £121. To help households keep track of their cash, the survey suggests people put all their loose change in one jar or pot.

You can also bring all the loose change to some major supermarket where you can find a coinstar machine. The machine will count all the coins for you with little commission. You then can choose either give them to charity or print out a voucher to use it in store.


2 comments:

askgreg said...

Yeah that happens to me a lot. I have to find a nice pot since I'm quite the scatterbug. Thanks for the tip.

My .02

Greg

Tee said...

You can also bring all the loose change to some major supermarket where you can find a coinstar machine. The machine will count all the coins for you with little commission. You then can choose either give them to charity or print out a voucher to use it in store.